The DMCA Takedown Notice must imperatively be made by the author of the material whose copyrights are protected by copyright, or a person officially authorized to act on behalf of the author for the protection of his copyright.
Online platforms selling software, themes and plugins such as Envato Market, Creative Market, etc. are not qualified to send these requests as they do not own the tools they promote.
DMCA Takedown Notice Requirements
Any DMCA Takedown Notice must provide the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work, including the URL where this infringing content is available or a copy of it
- Detailed information about the author:
- First name
- Email Address
- A statement "in good faith belief" that the work is not authorized by the copyright owner
- A statement by you or person who sends the takedown notice that the information you send in the notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or you are authorized to act on copyright owner’s behalf.
- Electronic or physical signature of the author or person officially authorized to act on behalf of the author for the protection of his copyright.
Copyright Law – 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3)